George V Art Deco Four-Piece Sterling Silver Tea Service
Product Code: SMS6096
A fine vintage George V English sterling silver four-piece tea and coffee service in the Art Deco style.
This exceptional tea set consists of a coffee/water jug, teapot, cream jug and sugar bowl.
Each piece of this fine set has a plain rectangular cushion shaped form onto a collet style base.
The surface of this impressive vintage Art Deco tea set is plain and unembellished, with an applied reed decorated border to the upper portions.
The coffee jug and teapot retain the original Art Deco style painted carved wood finials; the hinges of the tea service are wonderfully hidden (flush-jointed) indicative of great workmanship.
The teapot and coffee pot are fitted with angular Art Deco style carved painted wood handles featuring a plain rounded thumbpiece to the upper plateau.
The cream jug and sugar bowl are fitted with angular Art Deco style sterling silver handles, matching the design of the teapot and coffee pot handle.
This tea and coffee service is a very good gauge of silver, fine quality and in good presentation condition but there is a small ding on the lid of the teapot, please see pic.
Full hallmarks struck to the surface of each piece and part hallmarks to the interior of the cover of the teapot and coffee pot are all very clear.
Reflections in photographs may detract from the true representation of this set of vintage teaware.
- Hallmarked: Made by S & W in Sheffield in 1934.
- Total Silver Weight: 1881.9g
- Tea pot is 756.8g, the water/coffee pot is 693g, the milk jug is 193g and the sugar bowl is 239.1g
- Coffee pot
- Length from back of handle to tip of spout 21.5cm
- Width 9.5cm
- Height to top of finial 19cm
- Length from back of handle to tip of spout 28.8cm
- Width 13cm
- Height to top of finial 13cm
- Length across handles 17cm
- Width 9cm
- Height to top of handle 8.5cm
- Length from back of handle to lip 15.5cm
- Width 7.8cm
- Height to top of handle 7.5cm
£1,975.00MAKE AN OFFER
Usually dispatched within 3 - 5 working days.