Sterling Silver Whisky Decanter Label/Bottle Ticket by Roberts & Dore from 1964
Product Code: SMS4670
Sterling Silver Whisky Decanter Label/Bottle Ticket
In good vintage condition, the label has a sterling silver chain.
Roberts and Dore has a distinguished pedigree dating back to 1908 when Thomas Robert’s, a respected figure in the city of London, was unable source silverware of the quality he desired. Establishing himself as a manufacturing silversmith and cutler, he gathered together some of the best craftsmen in the country and took on extensive premises in London’s Hatton Garden which soon had a reputation for being the finest silver showrooms anywhere in London,
The business was an immediate success. Tom’s renowned refusal to compromise on quality and design soon saw his craftsmen supplying the top London stores and his pieces were exported throughout the world, including special commissions for international royalty and many governments. Their old letter headings show “Contractors to HM Government”. He was also responsible for producing a special trophy for the American Kennedy dynasty, and carrying on the tradition As late as 1990 Roberts and Dore were appointed as silversmiths to the Royal Guard of Oman.
Roberts and Dore continued to flourish through three generations. Of the Roberts family, Trevor, Tom’s son joined in 1926 and Henry and Kim, Trevor’s sons joined in 1958 and 1968 respectively. During the two world wars, the company’s expertise was harnessed in supplying cutlery and food containers to the troops.
Hallmarked: Made by Roberts & Dore Ltd in Hatton Garden, London in 1964.
Silver weight: 14.1g
Size: 6.3cm by 4cm. The chain is 15cm long.
Please look at our other items - we are happy to combine postage.
We are happy to post internationally - The price for the postage is to be confirmed and depends on the weight of the item and destination.
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS ABOUT BREXIT
Please be aware that any items you buy from a UK seller are no longer tax or import duty free if they are to be delivered to countries within the European Union.
• Value Added Tax (VAT) generally applies to UK purchases by EU consumers.
• The VAT rate applied is set by the country to which the package is shipped and depends on the items sold.
• VAT is calculated on the order total including item price, shipping and any additional costs such as insurance.
• Please don’t buy if you are not prepared to pay Value Added Tax and Duties upon import into your country of residence.
• Sellers must declare the item’s correct customs value and must comply with customs declarations law.
• As a buyer, you should be aware of possible:
• Delays from custom inspection.
• Import duties and taxes which buyers must pay.
• Brokerage fees payable at the point of delivery.
• Your country’s customs office can offer more details.
Director: E J Williams, A Williams
Registered in England no. 6616633
Usually dispatched within 10 - 20 working days.