George III Sterling Silver Fork & Spoon Salad Servers by Eley & Fearn from 1803
Product Code: SMS5390
George III Sterling Silver Fork and Spoon Salad Serving Set
In good condition, these are beautiful and rare pieces.
There are some tiny dings in the handles commensurate with age.
The handles have a lovely classic geometric design.
Dinner salads, as we know them today, were popular with Renaissance folk. Composed salads assembled with layers of ingredients were enjoyed in the 18th century. They were called Salmagundi. Today they are called chef's salad.
Hallmarked: Made by William Eley & William Fearn in London in 1803.
Total silver weight: 256.9g, the spoon is 122.1g and the fork is 134.8g.
Size: The fork is 27cm long. The handle is 2.3cm wide in the widest part. The tines are 5cm wide.
The spoon is 27cm long. The handle is 2.3cm at the widest part. The bowl is 95cm by 5.3cm.
Please look at our other items - we are happy to combine postage.
We are happy to post internationally - The price for the postage is to be confirmed and depends on the weight of the item and destination.
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS ABOUT BREXIT
Please be aware that any items you buy from a UK seller are no longer tax or import duty free if they are to be delivered to countries within the European Union.
• Value Added Tax (VAT) generally applies to UK purchases by EU consumers.
• The VAT rate applied is set by the country to which the package is shipped and depends on the items sold.
• VAT is calculated on the order total including item price, shipping and any additional costs such as insurance.
• Please don’t buy if you are not prepared to pay Value Added Tax and Duties upon import into your country of residence.
• Sellers must declare the item’s correct customs value and must comply with customs declarations law.
• As a buyer, you should be aware of possible:
• Delays from custom inspection.
• Import duties and taxes which buyers must pay.
• Brokerage fees payable at the point of delivery.
• Your country’s customs office can offer more details.
Director: E J Williams, A Williams
Registered in England no. 6616633
Usually dispatched within 10 - 20 working days.